This website is for sale, please contact us for more information

Renato Soares Augusto

Renato Soares de Oliveira Augusto, or simply Renato Augusto (born 8 February 1988 in Rio de Janeiro), is a Football in Brazil. Renato Soares Augusto plays as an Midfielder Attacking midfielder for Bayer 04 Leverkusen.

Talk Renato Soares Augusto

Are you a fan of Renato Soares Augusto or want to know more about him? Then you can discuss Renato Soares Augusto with other fans on the messageboard here.

Renato Soares Augusto biography


Renato Soares de Oliveira Augusto, or simply Renato Augusto (born 8 February 1988 in Rio de Janeiro), is a Football in Brazil. Renato Soares Augusto plays as an Midfielder Attacking midfielder for Bayer 04 Leverkusen.

Career

Renato Augusto was hailed as one of the best products of Clube de Regatas do Flamengo's youth academy in recent years, and had been close to a deal with U.S. Città di Palermo in 2007. Renato Soares Augusto style of play, combining decisive passes with good control of the ball, pace and dribbling efforts, have led Renato Soares Augusto to being capped for the Brazil national football team at the under-20 level; Renato Soares Augusto career with Flamengo had nevertheless been plagued by injuries. Renato Augusto signed for Bayer Leverkusen for an unknown fee, thought to be worth some 10 million euro, 60% of which retained by Flamengo. The remaining 40% were owned by the Traffic and MFD investment groups, that paid 1.5 million euros each for a share in Renato Augusto's transfer fee, earlier in 2008.

Renato made an immediate impact, becoming one of the fan favorites very quickly with Renato Soares Augusto swiftness, awareness, teamwork, and Renato Soares Augusto technical abilities. Renato Soares Augusto usually plays on the right side however as Leverkusen is plagued by injuries very often, Renato Soares Augusto plays in the hole, just behind the striker. Renato Soares Augusto is the player that dictates the tempo, and a really irreplaceable player for keeping the ball in possession. In summer of 2010, it was reported that Manchester City was very interested in the talented Brazilian, but the reported fee of £14M was too small to interest Leverkusen staff in selling one of their key players. Although the season 2010/2011 was not injury free, just like the previous ones in Germany, Renato Augusto maintained a stellar form, scoring three times for a one-goal lead victory, harassing opposition defenders and making vital assists. A memorable goal was scored by Renato on 13 March, where Renato Soares Augusto scored a match-winner in 82nd minute against FSV Mainz. Following poor performance of both teams, Renato's corner kick went far above the goal. However, as Christian Wetklo was preparing to pass the ball to Bo Svensson, Renato was still in the corner, lurking unnoticed by any of the opposition players. When Svensson received the ball, it was too late for a good reaction as Renato stormed onto the ball and scored a well-struck effort from 20 meters. This gave Bayer Leverkusen a valuable victory, putting Bayer 04 squad into the title race once again as league leaders Borussia Dortmund lost the game the night before.

Career statistics

:

according to combined sources on the Flamengo official website and Flaestatística.

Honours

- Clube de Regatas do Flamengo
- - Copa do Brasil: Copa do Brasil 2006
- - Taça Guanabara: 2007, 2008
- - Campeonato Carioca: 2007, 2008

Reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renato_Augusto

© The Global Football Database (GFDb.com) 2004-2011. All rights reserved. Arco Iris Media Aps.