is a football (soccer) club from Brazil.
Are you a fan of Goiás or want to know more about the club? Then you can discuss Goiás with other fans on the messageboard here
Want to know more about Goiás? We gather news from various medias about Goiás and you find them in the news section
Goiás Esporte Clube, also known as Goiás, is a Brazilian football (soccer) team in Goiânia, Goiás state. It is one of the largest clubs of the Central-West Region, Brazil part of Brazil and they won the 'Campeonato Brasileiro Série B once.
Its main rival is Vila Nova Futebol Clube. Goiás has a wide advantage in derbies between the two teams.
On April 6, 1943, in a meeting among friends at Lino Barsi's home, Goiás Esporte Clube was founded. In 1973, the team was promoted to the Campeonato Brasileiro Série A.
In 1998, the team joined the Clube dos 13 (Clube dos 13 is an organization composed by the greatest teams of Brazil). They won the Campeonato Brasileiro Série B:
in 1999 Campeonato Brasileiro Série B.
- Campeonato Brasileiro Série B:
- - Winners (1): 1999 Campeonato Brasileiro Série B
- Campeonato Goiano (State Championship):
- - Winners (22): 1966, 1971, 1972, 1975, 1976, 1981, 1983, 1986, 1987, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2006, 2009
- Copa Centro-Oeste (Regional Cup):
- - Winners (3): 2000, 2001, 2002
- Copa do Brasil:
- - Runners-up (1): 1990 Copa do Brasil 1990
- Copa Sudamericana: 0
- - Runners-up (1): 2010 Copa Sudamericana
Goiás' stadium is Estádio da Serrinha, with a maximum capacity of 10,000 people. However, the club plays several matches at Estádio Serra Dourada, built in 1975, with a maximum capacity of 54,048 people.
As of January 2012, according to sources are:
Professional players able to play in the youth team
Youth players with first team experience
Out on loan
- Head Coach : Enderson Moreira
- Coach (sport): Niltinho
- Goalkeeper (association football) Coach (sport) : Aílton Serafim, Márcio Defendi
- Physical Fitness: Danny Sérgio
- Physical therapy: André Araújo
Campeonato Brasileiro Série A record
Copa Libertadores record
Copa Sudamericana record
Notable former players
- Alex Dias
- José Aloísio da Silva
- Clemerson de Araújo Soares
- Augusto Fassina Vicentin
- Baltazar Maria de Morais Júnior
- Danilo Gabriel de Andrade
- Dill (footballer)
- Evandro Goebel
- Harlei de Menezes Silva
- Josué Anunciado de Oliveira
- Kleber Guerra
- Lucenilde Pereira da Silva
- Luvanor Donizete Borges
- Marabá (footballer)
- Richard (footballer)
- Túlio Lustosa Seixas Pinheiro
- Túlio Costa
- Zé Carlos
- José Teodoro Bonfim Queiroz
- Dejan Petković
In its first year of existence, it was said that Goiás had only 33 fans, alluding to the few fans who had at that time.
It is currently club with the largest ammount of fans of Goiás, the North and Midwest regions of Brazil, according to a survey conducted by the Gallup Institute Placar in 2008. Following the research, Esmeraldino of Central Brazil has the 16th largest fans in Brazil, with 1.6 million fans.
- Força Jovem Goiás
Founded on May 23, 1997, from the extinction of the Green Hell, with the goal of creating an association of fans really emerald, and they had the same thought, love Goias Esporte Clube.
And fulfilling your goals and your ideal Jovem Goiás Force managed to win the support and respect among all the emerald, thus becoming the most vibrant and passionate, which now has approximately 12,000 associates.
- Serrinha Stadium (Stadium Haile Pinheiro): capacity: 10,000 spectators.
- Gymnasium covered with capacity for 3,000 people.
- Complete structure of concentration for the athletes.
- 2 grasslands training for students of the Little School Sports Initiation.
- A 25m swimming pool and indoor semi-Olympic heated for Sports Initiation.
- Parking for 300 vehicles.
- 2 sand courts for volleyball and lighted futvôlei.
- Runs to 1-kilometer jogging.
- Area available for conduct of parties.
Edmo Pinheiro Sports and Recreation Center
- 4 grasslands officers.
- Changing rooms with custom closets (with photo of each player), air conditioning, showers, hot tubs, and special chairs.
- Technical Committee room with computers, TV and DVD and meeting table, besides an exclusive locker room with shower and toilet.
- Medical Department
- Recreation area with kiosk and barbecue.
- 3 soccer fields.
- Lake natural.
The mini-forest with native trees.
- Playground amusement.
Coimbra Bueno Center
Aparecida de Goiânia
- Training Center.
- Assistance to needy children in the south, and Goiânia.
- Jogging track.
- 200 grasslands.