The Football Association of Thailand
The Football Association of Thailand (FAT) or the full name is the Football Association of Thailand under Patronage of His Majesty the King is the governing body of football in Thailand. It was founded in 25 April 1916 and then joined FIFA in 23 June 1925 and Asian Football Confederation in 1957.
Recently the FAT has been highly criticized. Criticisms and complaints from 2005-2006 included:
- In June 2005 and in October 2006 Thailand got warned twice by the Asian Football Confederation to improve its facilities for 2007 AFC Asian Cup
- Thailand club teams were rejected in AFC Champions League because of the failure to submit player squads in time
- Prize money for Thai Division 1 League (season 2006) went missing. INSEE Police United F.C., the winner of the season told the press they would sue the FAT.
- For not providing enough public information for football matches that will be hold in Thailand including King's Cup, Queen's Cup, 2007 ASEAN Football Federation Championship, and 2007 AFC Asian Cup. And also there are no data of national teams even in their website.
SponsorsThe following are the sponsors of FAT (named "FAT Partners"):
- Nike, Inc.
- PTT Public Company Limited
- Thai Airways International
- LG Corp.
Talk about Football in Thailand
You can discuss football in Thailand with other fans on the messageboard here